Saturday, March 17, 2012

My First Week at Clear Spring Creamery


Hello, dear readers.

I've officially finished my first week and a half at Clear Spring Creamery, and what a week and a half it has been.

In the last ten days, I have learned about milking, feeding calves, putting up fences, using four wheelers, herding cows in the direction you want, bottling milk, flipping cheese, and driving delivery trucks. I've learned the difference between a cow and a heifer, the secret language of udders, and why you don't use milk for the first three days after a calf is born. And trust me, you will hear about it all... eventually.

The last few weeks have been pretty rough - hence the lack of posting - but I'm confident that my life will settle back down into a routine in the coming weeks, and I'll be able to focus on learning about the business of cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment