Monday, September 27, 2010

The First One

Hello all, and welcome to my new blog.

This blog will chronicle my forthcoming adventures in the wide world of WWOOF-ing, otherwise known as World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. This is an organization that allows people to work on organic farms all over the world, in exchange for room and board.

A little bit about me: I am currently a Team Leader with AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps), a fully residential, team-based community service program for 18 to 24 year olds. It is a fantastic program, but one that sadly will not allow me to serve a third year with them. Therefore, I am in the process of figuring out what to do with myself after November 23, when the federal government shall cut me adrift.

My current plan is to go back home, enjoy my two favorite holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) with the family I hold so dear, and then in January... well, the metaphors are endless, but somewhere "stretch my wings" and "hit the road" should do the trick. Point being, I plan on having some serious bonding time with Sylvester, my faithful Toyota Echo, as we explore the vast and varied organic opportunities that await us.

That's it for the time being. Good night, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment